The sociology major requires a minimum of 32 credits, including five required courses:
- SOC 101: Introduction to Sociology (3 credits)
- SOC 205: Social Statistics (4 credits)
- SOC 212W: Sociological Analysis (4 credits)
- SOC 331: Sociological Theory (4 credits)
- SOC 334: Research Methods (4 credits)
- SOC 381W: Senior Seminar (3 credits)
- 12 credits in sociology electives
Declaring a Sociology Major
To declare your major in sociology, visit the sociology department in Powdermaker 252.
Fill out and submit a “Major/Minor Declaration Form” required by the Registrar and a “Sociology Major/Minor Concentration Form” for approval by a Sociology Faculty Advisor.